Between 2013 & 2014, I worked as a Learning & Design Strategy Consultant for the Culture and Capability Team of ASB in Auckland, New Zealand.
In this role, I developed extensive relationships with external vendors and outsourcing partners. As a Learning Design Consultant, in 2014, I saved ASB Bank in New Zealand over NZD $460,000 on the design, development and deployment of the continuous improvement initiative Worksmart Essentials Training Program across the 4,700+ strong workforce of ASB Bank across New Zealand.
Storyboard & Wireframe:
Between 2013 and 2014, over 70% of my responsibilities lied with my manager-once removed, the Head Of Learning & Development and drafting all of the design and development of the 2014 Capability & Learning Strategy for ASB Bank.
Strategy work was done weekly with monthly workshops to all of Learning & Development (3 groups, 25+ people). Here are photos of these workshops:
Other reports in the “Digital Savvy” efforts of the bank included work in teaching GMs of the desired approach and explaining “why” in effective ways:
My work also influenced the creation of new Curation roles as a transition into Learner-Centred modalities of learning. The focus had been on mLearning, Performance Support & Mobile Strategy. The portfolio of work also included the first program developed with iPad compatibility in mind. I also developed extensive relationships with external vendors and outsourcing partners.
At ASB Bank in New Zealand, I also managed the following areas on new project development: new end-to-end process for workforce training & development, development of technical design recommendations, technical specifications and requirements, stakeholder management across external vendors, subject matter experts and business partners.
The skills brought this job were:
- Design Thinking
- Exponential Technology awareness & new product offerings
- Competitive research & analysis
- Experience Design & brand loyalty
Other internal innovation & storytelling programs I led:
- TEDxASBGroup TEDx Licensee & Curator for the only active TEDx Corporate License in New Zealand.
- New Kiwi support & banking orientation through Auckland Regional Migrant Services (ARMS).
- Speaking engagements with Youth across New Zealand and Pacific Island Nations.
- Creating awareness of Startup Weekend events & fostering a culture of entrepreneurship.